John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 08:01:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Listen to Plain Spoken!  (Read 13391 times)
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« on: September 19, 2014, 10:14:09 am »

USAToday is hosting an online album premiere for the entire Plain Spoken album! There is an interview that accompanies the preview between John and USA Today writer Elysa Gardner. The album premiere will be available now through Monday night at 9 PM ET.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2014/09/18/john-mellencamp-plain-spoken-album-premiere/15824175/

Listen and then post your thoughts about the record (including what your favorite track is) in the comments of the USA Today article, here in this thread of the message board and on John's Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/johnmellencampdotcom/posts/10152712735789138

« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 06:39:06 pm by TonyBClubManager » Logged

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
cge333
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 04:03:57 pm »

Really liking the interviews with John- USA Today, Time, Esquire...nice to see John still has that edge about him.  He is as full of p*ss and vinegar as always and that's one of the reasons I love him and his music.  Plus, he makes a lot of good points in these interviews. 
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 11:57:54 am »

want to add "company of cowards" to the songs I like the most from the new album.
itīs interesting to hear instruments like harp or organ on this album.
kstucker
K-Stu
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 05:09:21 pm »

After listening to this new album, all I can say is that it is incredibly inspirational to see a 62 year old song writer/artist/musician continue to voice his opinions, thoughts, dreams, etc. through his music and lyrics and still be able to gain the attention of fans and the media.  JM is obviously not continuing to create new material to be popular...never mattered to him and never will.  In this day and age of the Biebers, Beyonces, Swifts and all the other bubble gum performers, I love it that an artist of my generation continues to have a voice that is not only accepted, but, truly heard!!  Cannot wait to see him again during his 2015 tour!!   Smiley
kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 06:21:39 pm »

Well this another in a long list of great Mellencamp albums, including the last four straight. I think ''Sometimes There's God'' and ''Lawless Times'' are among his greatest songs and my two favorites at the moment, but that could change since they're all great.
Sk8ingMellenhead
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 12:02:21 am »

Plain Spoken is now my second favorite from John. It is inspirational and extremely reflective. That's what I love about his music. He reaches us on so many different levels and his music carries a message. My favorite track from the new album is "Troubled Man", but my second favorite is "Blue Charlotte". Can't wait to see him live.

Sk8ingMellenhead

It's what you do and not what you say, if you're not part of the future then get out of the way.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: