John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 09:17:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Interview on My Upcoming Book On John Mellencamp  (Read 7325 times)
davidm32285
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2014, 12:30:49 pm »

Hello Everybody,

I've posted a few times here before. My name is David Masciotra. I'm a columnist with the Indianapolis Star, and a writer for the Daily Beast.

I've written a new book called Mellencamp: American Troubadour. In early 2015, the University Press of Kentucky will publish it. For the book, I interviewed Mike Wanchic, Pat Peterson, and Moe ZMD. I've been a fan of Mellencamp for 16 years. So, I've also spent all of that time - officially and unofficially - researching.

A website called Music Tomes recently interviewed my about Mellencamp: American Troubadour: http://musictomes.com/david-masciotra-on-the-legacy-of-john-mellencamp/

I thought it would interest some fellow fans here.

David
kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 06:00:23 pm »

Thanks so much David, really enjoyed reading the interview. I am so looking forward to reading your book, cheers and best of luck.
cge333
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 10:35:56 am »

Looks good, please keep us updated on the release, etc.
MNorris149
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 06:14:24 pm »

David,
I have been anxiously awaiting this book! I have read some of your articles and somehow ran across something that mentioned you were writing this book.

For years I've tried to explain to some of my friends and family members why I don't automatically like Bruce Springsteen just because I'm a John Mellencamp fan. For me they aren't in the same league. John's song writing appeals to me and Bruce's music doesn't. I also believe Bruce's voice is no where near the voice that John has. When I read your article about the book I sent it to my cousin who is also a best friend/brother to me. He said he now gets what I've been saying for years. I think you pretty much nailed my sentiments exactly!

Thanks!
Lisa Norris
Georgia
davidm32285
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 10:55:54 pm »

Thank you for the interest, everyone. I'll post here as I have more information on the actual release date.

Lisa - I'm glad my words resonated with you. That's the best compliment a writer can receive.

David
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: