John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 12:30:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Farm Aid 2014 Announced!  (Read 10482 times)
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« on: July 24, 2014, 12:40:52 pm »

Farm Aid 2014 Logo
FARM AID 2014 COMING TO RALEIGH, NC SEPT. 13TH
Farrm Aid announced today that its annual benefit concert will head to Raleigh, NC on Saturday, September 13, taking place at the Walnut Creek Amphitheater in Raliegh, North Carolina!

Farm Aid 2014 will feature Farm Aid board members Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp, Neil Young and Dave Matthews — with Tim Reynolds — as well as Jack White, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Jamey Johnson, North Carolina’s own Delta Rae, Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real, Carlene Carter, Pegi Young & The Survivors, and Insects vs Robots. 

“There is a fair-like feeling when you go to Farm Aid. All day long, people are performing onstage and food from family farmers is being served,” said Farm Aid board member John Mellencamp. “It’s a great occasion for families to come listen to great music and teach their children about where their food comes from. We’re proud to bring Farm Aid 2014 to North Carolina for the first time to feature the family farmers whose hard work and innovations are essential for all of us.”

Tickets will go on sale Friday August 1st at 10 AM EDT via Live Nation. Mellencamp.com will be holding a  pre-sale starting Saturday, July 26th at 10am ET. Please watch our TOUR page for complete details.

Farm Aid will be holding their own pre-sale for members of their site, and additionally they will offer concert experiences and premiere tickets, learn more at farmaid.org or their 2014 Ticket Page.

Read the complete press release on Mellencamp.com by clicking HERE.
FARM AID 2014 PRE SALE TICKET DETAILS
We will be offering a limited number of tickets, including covered reserved seats, non-roof covered reserved seats and general admission lawn tickets in a Mellencamp.com free member pre-sale on Saturday, July 26 beginning at 10 AM ET through Thursday, July 31 ending at 10 PM, or whenever our allotment runs out. The pre-sale tickets will be offered through Live Nation
 using a password posted on the Mellencamp.com TOUR page for logged in members. Read THIS tutorial to learn how our pre-sale works. Please watch our TOUR
 page for more details.
JOHN MELLENCAMP PERFORMS TROUBLE NO MORE LIVE AT TOWN HALL AVAILABLE NOW!
The album, released on July 8, 2014, features many of the songs from the Trouble No More album as well as rootsy versions of Mellencamp classics "Small Town" "Paper In Fire" and "Pink Houses", along with an inspired cover of Bob Dylan's "Highway 61 Revisited."

The CD and digital audio packages both feature the complete 15-song concert, while the vinyl LP highlights 10 performances from the show. All three configurations include a new liner notes essay by Bob Merlis and are available now at Amazon.com. To learn more read the complete press release on Mellencamp.com

TWEET TO ENTER YOUR CHANCE TO WIN A CD AND VINYL "TROUBLE NO MORE LIVE"
Sign in to your Twitter account and tweet the message "I entered to win @mellencamp #troublenomorelive" for your chance to win a CD and vinyl copy of  John Mellencamp Performs Trouble No More Live At Town Hall. Click HERE to learn more and for the official rules. This contest ends August 3, 2014.
STORE UPDATE: NEW 2014 SUMMER TOUR MERCH!
We just added brand new 2014 Tour apparel into The Mellencamp.com Official Online Store!
2014 Tour Date Tee
Features detailed photo of John Mellencamp on guitar. 2014 Summer Tour cities listed on the back. Black. 
BUY NOW
Farmers Tee
Scarecrow sitting on top of a large John Mellencamp logo with two hard working farmers below. "Live in Concert 2014" printed along the bottom. Grey.
BUY NOW
Art Matters Tee
Beautiful artwork by John Mellencamp with white stenciled "Art Matters" below design. Black. 
BUY NOW
Thank you for your continued support!!
TonyB & SharonC - The Mellencamp.com Web Team - [email protected]

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
cherrybombfan
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 10:33:53 am »

Unfortunately due to my schedule I am not going to be able to make it to Farm Aid this year - I'm hoping that John does some shows in and around Washington State.  I miss getting to see him so frequently when I lived in Indiana. 

Has anyone heard if John is going to participate in a Farm Aid auction again this year?  Last year my fiancé' and I purchased an awesome vintage signed poster that we had framed.  I would like to purchase something else to add to our collection - and to help the family farmers the help keep our country going!   

John R. Turner
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 11:10:00 am »

Unfortunately due to my schedule I am not going to be able to make it to Farm Aid this year - I'm hoping that John does some shows in and around Washington State.  I miss getting to see him so frequently when I lived in Indiana. 

Has anyone heard if John is going to participate in a Farm Aid auction again this year?  Last year my fiancé' and I purchased an awesome vintage signed poster that we had framed.  I would like to purchase something else to add to our collection - and to help the family farmers the help keep our country going!   

We will hold a Farm Aid auction again this year.  We should have it up around August 15th. Thanks for your continued support!

Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 01:07:52 pm »

Has John or any of the Farm Aid organizers ever thought of bringing Farm Aid to Canada?  I'd love to be at one of those shows.

Mike
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 10:18:48 pm »

Good idea Mike although I'd have to suggest Ontario - which you might not like!  Wink
Has John or any of the Farm Aid organizers ever thought of bringing Farm Aid to Canada?  I'd love to be at one of those shows.

Mike
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 11:08:03 am »

The Prairie provinces would actually be the best place for Farm Aid Canada.  I like the sound of that.  Our Canadian farmers are struggling the same way they are in the United States.  Even if a show was put on in Ontario, I'd be up for it.  A Young, Nelson, Mellencamp event would be great!  There are a lot of Canadian country acts who'd love to perform at such an even if it could be organized.  What do you say Farm Aid?

Mike   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: