John Mellencamp Community
March 18, 2024, 09:02:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi, My Name is Ken...I've been a Fan for > 25 years...  (Read 9703 times)
oswaldkj
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2014, 11:33:17 pm »

Lots of changes...not many of them good, to be honest...
Larry Crane is gone...that's a big one.
Lisa Germano is gone...that's a big one.
Kenny Aronoff is gone...that's a huge one.
John Cascella is dead...that's just tragic.
Toby Meyers is gone...that is big.
What's left?
I miss the old days of 2+ hour concerts with the core band.
Everything else is just 'spittin' in the wind', IMO.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 11:09:38 pm by oswaldkj » Logged
MNorris149
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 08:40:46 am »

I guess we all miss that time in the 80's but honestly I really don't think the band's sound is all that different. John has said in the past that it would be useless to write the same song over and over and I get that. I'm sorry but I really don't think Larry Crane is a better guitarist than Andy York. Miriam and Lisa are very similar but I don't miss Lisa at all when I hear Miriam tearing it up! I do miss John Cascella very much. I won't compare Kenny and Dane because their styles aren't the same and Kenny Aronoff is just a beast! Toby Myers got married and had a son. Who in the world would blame him for retiring and spending time with his family. I guess I look at the big picture. Sure some of my favorite songs were written during the time all of those guys you mentioned were in the band, but I love many more of the songs without them. I just chalk it up to being a part of life. I also miss Pat Petersen. I hope she is doing well!

Lisa Norris
Georgia
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: