John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 01:43:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: THE BOSS Isn't Done Yet  (Read 14785 times)
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2014, 01:27:47 am »

Bruce Springsteen is back with a new album called High Hopes.  He says he has another 50 years in him.  The man does have energy like no other from performer I've ever seen and if anyone can pull it off, it's THE BOSS.  Wouldn't it be great if Bruce and John to worked together on an album or toured together? That would be one hell of a double bill and record.  Check out Springsteen's new album and post your comments.

Mike
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 09:34:41 am by Smalltownboy » Logged
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 10:58:04 am »

For me John and Bruce are two "totally different" artists, apart from that they both are american singer-songwriters. I never really could follow the comparisions.
I always highly appreciated both, but whereas John´s creativity is still in full blossom, none of Bruce´s albums since the 80s reached the level of his best work from the 70s.
I like the new version of "Ghost of Tom Joad", but overall this new album is disappointing for me. I rather listen to his old music.
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 09:43:59 am »

Springsteen and Mellencamp both have music in their blood.  They have both done rock albums and acoustic albums.  There are also some similarities in their songwriting styles.

As for Springsteen's album "High Hopes", I do like it but "Wrecking Ball" is definitely a better effort.

Mike
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 07:41:29 pm by Smalltownboy » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: