John Mellencamp Community
March 19, 2024, 06:57:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trivia Game  (Read 80517 times)
jm_walktall
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« on: August 07, 2010, 11:52:04 am »

I cannot believe ALL of our trivia questions and answers are GONE =(

Are there enough of us yet to play the Trivia Game?

"If you want change, it starts with  you" John Mellencamp
kyralexis72
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 11:58:51 am »

With them all gone we can start fresh!!  Like it never happened...and for those of us with no memory, it will be all brand new again, lol!  If there are 2 of us, there are enough to get it started!  Go for it!!

Try to keep your mind open
And accept your mistakes
Save some time for living
And always question your faith

Could it be that this is all there is?
Could it be there's nothing more at all?
Save some time to dream
'Cause your dream could save us all - JM
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 08:50:08 pm »

They are still alive in the old message board if someone wants to copy/paste some of them over. I have turned on the hidden forums on the Club Cherry Bomb message board.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 08:59:50 pm »

They are still alive in the old message board if someone wants to copy/paste some of them over. I have turned on the hidden forums on the Club Cherry Bomb message board.

Tony - i'm getting nothing.  i see the forum, but when i open it, there's nothing there
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 09:10:35 am »

Took me a second to figure out how to see the old threads. On the CCB message board down at the bottom left below where the threads show be there is a box that says "Show:" and you have to drag that down and select "All dates" then the threads will appear!

Another tip for those wanting to harvest the content off of the Club message board is go into your My Home and then click display preferences. You can then tweak how many messages display on a page. Mine is set to 99 but I am not sure what the limit is.

In most browsers you could then just save the pages through the file/save menu. It would likely lose all images but the text would survive.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
jm_walktall
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 11:36:58 am »

Okay, first Trivia Question:

No Better Than This was recorded in 3 places. Name the geographical locations and their significance?

"If you want change, it starts with  you" John Mellencamp
kyralexis72
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 06:38:15 pm »

OK, since nobody else has answered I will do the honors!!

No Better Than This was recorded at Sun Studio in Memphis; the First African Baptist Church in Savannah; and a hotel room in San Antonio where Robert Johnson cut some classic sides.  These locations are all significant in the roots of rock and roll and folk music.

Try to keep your mind open
And accept your mistakes
Save some time for living
And always question your faith

Could it be that this is all there is?
Could it be there's nothing more at all?
Save some time to dream
'Cause your dream could save us all - JM
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 09:16:57 am »

O.k. here's a new one for all of us "old" folks.  What 80's Canadian television comedy series did John and his band perform (and act) on?  Hint: it was around the time of the release of American Fool.
selena
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 05:56:28 am »

O.k. here's a new one for all of us "old" folks.  What 80's Canadian television comedy series did John and his band perform (and act) on?  Hint: it was around the time of the release of American Fool.

Hmm, are the you the person who posted the SCTV clip on youtube?  If so, many thanks!  I always love seeing old footage of John before and right around the time he achieved major fame. Plus I used to do my own impression of Ed Grimley back then, and never knew that he and John had, uh...collaborated.  The shot of him with Grimley's voice is priceless!
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 12:22:31 pm »

Hmm, are the you the person who posted the SCTV clip on youtube?  If so, many thanks!  I always love seeing old footage of John before and right around the time he achieved major fame. Plus I used to do my own impression of Ed Grimley back then, and never knew that he and John had, uh...collaborated.  The shot of him with Grimley's voice is priceless!

No, I didn't put the clip up but I was at the taping and it was a very fun day!  The Youtube clip is only a partial of the show but this is probably due to copyright.  If I get around to it I may post the other musical number that was on that show. If memory serves me, it's been 28 years!!, it was Hand to Hold On To with Johnny LaRue (John Candy) and some of his "playboy" bunnies.   I just put a post in the "video" section about it.  I have the original show on VHS still (in my basement library).  I also have some photos of that day from behind the scenes and will scan them and post them on the "photos" section of this site.  It's amazing how young everyone looks but still the same!
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 09:38:37 pm »

Do you have a link to that Youtube video, I never saw that. Thanks
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 12:53:23 pm »

Here you go....it is posted under the Photos section of this site; then go to the SCTV photos post.  My photos from that day are there too.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmCU6Iadsa4
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: