John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 11:03:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello? I guess that people don't come here much any more.  (Read 27448 times)
AlexKx
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 09:12:31 am »

Lol.    Why do you all keep talking about other things changing the subject?    Cheesy
houseofmellencamp
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 10:15:14 pm »

I for one, miss CCB~  met a lot of good people @ the NYC shows from the board.
Many of them no longer post.  It was about the music~ I long for those young girl days~~~~
  Anyone remember the club MTM? That was back in the 80's before CCB. A time when it was a group of true fans that communicated their love for John and the band's music by hand writing letters and sending them in the mail. We were able to get front row concert seats and backstage passes. But as John says in "Large World Turning", "Nothing lasts forever", and so now the internet runs the world. With this ease of reading and sending information comes this type of stuff. Tony & Sharon work with others to make this a place for fans to enjoy. I am a proud Mellencamp fan for over 30 years now and am still here. It is what we make it. So Dolly, post what you want, and just enjoy the fans that are still here. 
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 11:14:57 pm »

Agreed. Not sure where all those people went. I wish they would all come back and get some discussion started, then it could be about the music again. CCB was open to everyone too, not just subscribers, and there were many trolls there, so no reason to let a few trolls here ruin things. They exist on every message board on the Internet. Lets hope the regulars come back soon. I've met many of them at shows over the years -- they are all great people. 
AlexKx
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2013, 05:16:55 pm »

DUH!    Industry doesn't exist if you don't practice freedom and capitalism does it?!    SO as you all surrendered your freedom to over reaching governments and to a cult of personality and music was systematically stolen off of the internet SURPRISE it all goes away!     So what are you all complaining about?!     Don't you all have to drink, smoke pot, watch sports, listen to rap and country music, and play video games?!     I don't get it.    It doesn't matter anyway because you all are not going to do anything about it.    Are you? 
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: