John Mellencamp Community
March 19, 2024, 02:02:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ainīt that America?  (Read 6592 times)
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2010, 06:13:03 pm »

the mid-term elections made me think a lot. living in germany, I am way too far away to judge on anything happening in the US, but I would like to ask you whatīs happening in your/ with your country at the moment?
the world knows America as an ever optimistic, forward thinking country that not only feels as the leader but also as the motor of the world.
what we now hear is a lot frustration, even hatred towards each other. when you voted for Obama as president in 2008, the whole world hoped this enthusiasm would start a new era.
only 2 years later, itīs all wrong? something else must be wrong, not the president of whom you should be proud I think, compared to other leaders in the world.
Johnīs music always has adressed political things. I would really be interested in how his US fans think about this current situation.
kyralexis
Global Moderator
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 10:08:20 pm »

I think it's primarily a lack of ability of people to compromise, look at the big picture, and come together to work for the greater good.  What I see so often anymore is greed leading the way and blinding those who it is leading. 

I also think that many expect overnight miracles, and that can't happen.  People that I see are paranoid, many are without jobs, and income shortages put strains on families.  Our schools are not getting the funding the need to be able to pay teachers and provide academic excellence. 

That's just the tip of the iceburg.  There is so much more. 

But at the same time, it's amazing there isn't a civil war.  It's like the old adage, I can hit my brother as much as i want, but if you try to take it further than what i approve. then it's on!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: