John Mellencamp Community
April 24, 2024, 12:56:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Elaine Engaged to Jay Penske  (Read 26988 times)
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2013, 12:58:58 pm »

Elaine Irwin, John Mellencamp's Ex, Engaged to Jay Penske, Media Mogul

Elaine Irwin is going to be a married woman once more. The model and face of Almay is officially engaged to media mogul Jay Penske, the New York Post's Page Six confirms.

"I can confirm Jay and Elaine were engaged around late October last year, while they were on a trip to India," a rep for Penske's PMC told the Post.

The pair have been spotted making the rounds together at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah, in the past week, with Penske introducing Irwin as his "fiancee," the paper reports. Penske, the son of racing mogul Roger Penske, has his own racing team in addition to owning Variety, Deadline and Hollywood Life.

Irwin, 43, and Penske, 34, got engaged in October of last year during a trip to India, according to the Post. The pair have been quietly dating since shortly after Irwin’s split from husband-of-18-years John Mellencamp, back in January 2011.

"The only thing certain in life is change itself," Irwin told GlobalGrind.com at the time. "Change is good, some would say it is our greatest teacher, and I am embracing it."

Irwin and the "Jack and Diane" singer, 61, have two sons together -- Hud, 17 and Speck, 18.

The former couple separated in September 2010 in the same month as their 18th wedding anniversary and announced their split several months later. The divorce papers confirmed that they had signed a prenuptial agreement as well as a confidential child custody agreement.

Rocker Mellencamp has since embarked on a serious relationship with Meg Ryan, dating the 51-year-old actress since November 2010.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/elaine-irwin-john-mellencamps-ex-engaged-to-jay-penske-media-mogul-2013211#ixzz2IdN9utZJ

Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 01:25:22 pm »

Congrats to both! Cheesy
L.A's a great a place to live.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 04:02:30 pm by Mellenfan71 » Logged
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 02:15:31 pm »

Congrats to Elaine!
Even though I was hoping John and her would get back together, I have been married 27 years so I always feel bad when a long marriage breaks up. I am glad she found happiness again.

I wish her and Jay the best!
 Grin
geegee
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 02:30:04 pm »

yes shiela, i was hoping too that her and JM, and i am sure others, would get back together. but hey if she found happiness after what she went thru with JM. and elaine may of listened to the advice from his 2 ex wives (even tho they and jm on good terms to what degree who knows) and i hope it does work out for her and i hope that penske has the courage to believe that elaine means her wedding vows "til death do us part." too bad john didnt give her the chance and i think her being with him all them years should of been proof enuf. but guess it wasnt good enuf for john.
yeah john you gave up the best thing that ever happened in your life and look what you ended up with. course that aint gona last either.  john cant seem to keep any woman or family together. but at least he is committed to his music.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:45:15 pm by geegee » Logged
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 02:47:09 pm »

# Remarks from Me geegee! yay!

john you snoozed and you loozed.
1. HUH? Their with these people because they want to be. You'll take any excuse to insult John himself and a woman you dont know and never will...pathetic.

hope that penske has the courage to believe that elaine means her wedding

2. ....AND that RP has the courage  to believe you pee in a toliet and not on a lady's boots while......(do your read the news?).

3.and your an idiot!

Have a nice day!  Grin  Grin Grin poof!

« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 04:42:27 pm by Mellenfan71 » Logged
geegee
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 02:51:01 pm »

lmao mellenfan i can always count on you!!!! youre still one of my favorite people in this forum.
kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 07:22:05 pm »

3.and your an idiot!

I think that's an insult to idiots everywhere.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:24:36 pm by kicker » Logged
geegee
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 04:30:21 pm »

# Remarks from Me geegee! yay!

john you snoozed and you loozed.
1. HUH? Their with these people because they want to be. You'll take any excuse to insult John himself and a woman you dont know and never will...pathetic.

hope that penske has the courage to believe that elaine means her wedding

2. ....AND that RP has the courage  to believe you pee in a toliet and not on a lady's boots while......(do your read the news?).

3.and your an idiot!

Have a nice day!  Grin  Grin Grin poof!

dont forget mellenfan after the honeymoon does come a marriage. HINT: its only an engagement they're not married yet.......................................
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:44:02 pm by geegee » Logged
geegee
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 06:45:02 am »

also too mellenfan, if you read the article where penske was irrigating, yes he was enebriated, where he shouldnt of done so, the gal with the boots found it offensive, however she decided to take matters into her own hands and handle the situation. the apporpriate way for this to be avoided (cuz drunks dont run on a full deck and im hoping penske is not an alcoholic, it wouldnt be a good idea for elaine then now would it?) was the gal should of looked for an officer or a security gaurd and tell them and let them handle it. that would of been the wisest thing to do.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 06:48:21 am by geegee » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: