John Mellencamp Community
April 20, 2024, 12:20:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It's About You  (Read 6333 times)
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2012, 12:20:06 pm »

I just purchased It's About You on DVD and have to say, it's very well done.  The concert footage is fantastic.  The fact that it was all filmed on Super 8 is extraordinary.  The travel through the American landscape is beautiful.  The footage of the No Better Than This recording sessions is great!  For Mellencamp fans and rock fans in general, I'd highly recommend It's About You.  It's excellent from start to finish.

Mike       
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 10:43:05 pm »

I received the video for my birthday and I just finished watching it. I have to say that it was great! To watch John and the Band record a song at those places was amazing! I like the concert footage as well. I saw it being taped at the concert I went to in Syracuse. John looked great! I would have like to seen John being interviewed in talking about these places or even each song, but that's ok. I highly recomment this video.
But I have to add that John has certainly have transformed in just a few years.

I give it five stars!  Grin

Sheila

Maradona10
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 09:42:14 am »

I imported the region1 DVD via amazon and had a blast watching it. Loved the little bit with JM on the street after the end credits. Crumblin' Down is awesome, as always, on this dvd.

Maybe about time we had an archival release on dvd featuring Kenny, Toby, Dave Grissom, Lisa G and John Cascella though...
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 10:24:25 am »

Something with Pat Peterson also.  Miss that girl!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: