John Mellencamp Community
April 25, 2024, 05:56:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: John Mellencamp's son to walk on to Duke football team  (Read 11085 times)
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2012, 11:49:17 am »

Rock star John Mellencamp's son is going to walk on to the Duke football team this season, a source told CBS.

Hud Mellencamp, a 5-foot-11 former Golden Gloves boxing champ in Indiana, is going to play defensive back for the Blue Devils when he arrives on campus in Durham later this summer.

As a 14-year-old in 2009, Mellencamp won a 132-pound division title in the Golden Gloves while boxing for the Indy Police Athletic League.

The younger Mellencamp was home schooled and did not play high school football.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/bruce-feldman/19256720/mellencamps-son-to-walk-on-to-duke-football-team
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 12:59:57 pm »

Congrats to Hud! I bet he is gonna have a huge graduation party.

I didn't know Speck was home schooled. He will graduate next year like my son.
jamesbuff
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 03:38:35 pm »

Congrats to Hud! I bet he is gonna have a huge graduation party.

I didn't know Speck was home schooled. He will graduate next year like my son.

Congratulations !!! Indeed  he will surely gonna have a huge graduation party. Smiley

Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 11:56:28 am »

He made the team rooster and was issued the No 17, He will play as a walk-on defensive back
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 01:59:01 pm by Mellenfan71 » Logged
geegee
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 10:11:42 pm »

wonder how elaine fits into all of this. shes the one that popped him out with johns help. i think she deserves some mentioning too. good luck hud.
and i will add elaine was known to play football with the boys.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:13:59 pm by geegee » Logged
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 11:40:26 pm »

I do remember seeing an interview once and they showed John and Elaine playing football with the boys.
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 12:33:31 pm »

He made the team rooster and was issued the No 17, He will play as a walk-on defensive back

It clearly hasn't been reported and isn't well known but for years the boys have played in an independent traveling football league in lieu of not being at a public high school. So Hud is no novice when it comes to organized football.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 12:46:41 pm »

It clearly hasn't been reported and isn't well known but for years the boys have played in an independent traveling football league in lieu of not being at a public high school. So Hud is no novice when it comes to organized football.

cool! At 165lb he should be pretty fast. We all got to start somewhere and Duke really needs talent.

..and at Duke he will get a stellar education to boot.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:53:41 pm by Mellenfan71 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: