John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 02:03:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hepatitis c awareness  (Read 3562 times)
Grandmadailey
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2012, 03:31:26 pm »

Dear John-

I was wondering if you are aware of the epidemic of Hepatitis C that is killing our generation? I am on my second round of treatment which is horrible. I was diagnosed in 1998 and from then until May 2011 the treatment has not changed! Finally you will hear little stories here and there but NOT ENOUGH! We need a voice people will listen to. There have been a few celebrities with hep c but once they are cured you don't hear from them. You have always been a voice for those no one will listen to. The first time I contacted your fan club was when i was diagnosed. I wanted to know if I could play one of your songs at my funeral without breaking the law! I am very honest. Here I am 14 years later. Still alive and still fighting. I am a life long fan and would be thrilled if you wanted to help. Keep rocking!
Vicki Dailey
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: