John Mellencamp Community
April 16, 2024, 04:02:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where's Mike Wanchic?  (Read 15658 times)
mellenfan
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2012, 06:21:59 am »

I saw a few YouTube videos from recent Canadian shows and didn't see Mike on stage.  Where is he?  I am going to the Sarnia show and it just wouldn't be the same without him on stage as the verteran of the band.
kstucker
K-Stu
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 07:20:01 am »

He performed at some of the Canadian shows and then had to fly to the US for emergency surgery.  There are other posts stating there were hopes he could return to finish the tour but given it is almost over, doesn't look like that will happen.  I am thankful my husband and I were able to see him at the Moose Jaw, SK show!!
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 09:31:43 am »

Mike has returned to the tour -- he was on stage last night in Ottawa. Here's video proof:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QlwSR_YNvUw?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/QlwSR_YNvUw?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
kstucker
K-Stu
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 10:43:01 am »

Fantastic news about Mike...thanks for letting us know and posting the video, Walktall!!  Smiley
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 11:50:29 am »

It goes to show how dedicated he is to John. Bravo Mike!
Thanks for the great news Walktall!   Grin
dscrip
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 02:59:24 pm »

Great to see Mike back on stage. Look forward to the show tonight in Sarnia.
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 11:17:19 am »

What an awesome video.... Thank you! Love the walk up to the stage with Johnny Cash.  The anticipation was just like I was there!  Incredible.... You didn't record the whole concert perhaps?  Wishful thinking.....  John,.... We need a live DVD of you and that incredible band!

lette
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 01:19:10 pm »

Im glad he's back too, cant wait to see JM and the whole crew in Oshawa on Sunday night. It'll be by 6th Mellencamp show but it never gets old!
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 08:07:38 pm »

Thanks for posting this, some fine guitar playing by Andy!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: