John Mellencamp Community
March 19, 2024, 06:24:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Casper WY concert  (Read 8153 times)
yaloram
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2010, 04:22:04 pm »

Awesome concert in Casper last night!  I traveled there from CO and am very happy that I did!  What a great small venue to hear you play--loved it!

However, I (we) were disappointed that John did not return for an encore and also that he only played for about 50 minutes(?)  (seemed short)   I know he was not the headliner so the short set makes sense, but, I did read that he played an encore at other sites so I was wondering what happened last night?    It would have been great to hear more music, especially the Authority song.

Hope you schedule a Colorado show or two in your uncoming tour.   Northern CO would be great!!

Thanks for the great music last night.  
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 04:28:05 pm by yaloram » Logged
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 05:39:44 pm »

Awesome concert in Casper last night!  I traveled there from CO and am very happy that I did!  What a great small venue to hear you play--loved it!

However, I (we) were disappointed that John did not return for an encore and also that he only played for about 50 minutes(?)  (seemed short)   I know he was not the headliner so the short set makes sense, but, I did read that he played an encore at other sites so I was wondering what happened last night?    It would have been great to hear more music, especially the Authority song.

Hope you schedule a Colorado show or two in your uncoming tour.   Northern CO would be great!!

Thanks for the great music last night.  

John was only slotted by Dylan's team for the time that he played. Also John doesn't really play encores. He really never has. He feels they are silly and staged. Typically the band goes sidestage, John says a few works, intros the band and then they close with a song (this time Authority Song).

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
yaloram
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 09:22:39 pm »

Yes, I kind of figured that since he was not the main act he was only alloted a certain amoung of time--bummer.  It would have been really great had they been able to have equal time.
I thought I had read that he did an encore in OK.  Oh well.  He did not play Authority song in Casper--but did do alot of his older stuff plus some great new stuff.  Loved how he had the audience sing Cherry Bomb!!
Sure hope he comes to Colorado on his next tour. 
Loved his music since he was John Cougar--and still do. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: