John Mellencamp Community
April 29, 2024, 04:33:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting Roger Roeper JM Blurb  (Read 4937 times)
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2012, 10:04:13 am »

Interesting insight into JM's 2007 guest appearance on Ebert and Roeper from the following interview between Tony Farinella and Richard Roeper:

TONY: You mentioned on your website, and I was researching this interview, and I noticed a picture with you and John Mellencamp. You said it was one of the more surreal experiences and to remind you to blog about it sometime. I Googled it and I don't think you blogged about it, so if you can, can you share that experience with me?

Richard Roeper: Roger was battling his various ailments and that was before any permanent decisions had been made about the show, so one of the things we were doing was just bringing in one time guests, sometimes they were movie critics and sometimes they were various celebrities. As I recall, I think John Mellencamp's people contacted us and he was a fan of the show and thought it would be fun to do. He's a huge rock star and I'm a huge fan of his, so I thought, God that will be a blast. On one level, it was on, and on another level, it was a Saturday Night Live skit. He didn't seem to have seen a lot of movies. He saw the movies we talked about. The guy spent the last twenty years on the road and recording and writing music, not going to a ton of movies, so I think maybe he had seen the show more than he had seen movies. There was one moment on the show, and I think they probably cut it out from the final version, but we were reviewing a movie called In the Land of Women, and he said something like, ‘I really like that one gal. It looks like she's got a future in movies.' And I said, ‘You mean Meg Ryan?' And he goes, ‘Yea, yea, that's her name.' The bizarre thing now is he's dating her! I guess he knows who she is now.

http://www.411mania.com/movies/columns/237566/411-Movies-Interview:-Richard-Roeper.htm
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 10:26:23 am by walktall2010 » Logged
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 10:25:01 am »

Grin Hope he has since seen Sleepless in Seattle and When Harry met Sally . Among her best!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 10:40:45 am by Mellenfan71 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: