John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 08:15:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yakima Photos  (Read 15332 times)
lvanhorn
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2010, 11:31:07 pm »

Friday's concert in Yakima, WA.

What a fun, though incongruous, evening.

We drove over from Seattle, finding some end-of-the-summer heat in a 94 degree day on the state's east side. Found the tiny venue just off the main drag of the small, fruit-growing town of yakima.....only about 2,000 people in a stadium smaller than some high school stadiums west of the montains.

But the show was full sized. Both bands were awesome, and put on terrific full-effect performances for this little country audience. Talking to others we met, most were from the area and were excited and overwhelmed by the show. They had never seen either perform, and this was a once in a lifetime treat.

John and band were great, as always. But it was while relaxing in my husband's arms as Dylan played his encore "Like a Rolling Stone", with the stage lights shining into the crowd and the small but rapt audience waving and singing and dancing along.....well, I just had one of those moments. Those "it gets no better than this" moments.....a warm summer evening of great rock n roll, which even after 25 years of following this band never loses its magic.

Some good pictures from the local paper
http://www.yakima-herald.com/stories/2010/09/03/photos-john-mellencamp-concert
littlesusie39
Global Moderator
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 11:35:36 am »

those are great pictures! Cool

thanks for posting, glad you had such a great memorable evening

Freedom’s Road:  If you want to take a ride
Well you’ve got to pay the toll

fourloops
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 03:45:08 pm »

Absolutely great pictures of John and the band.  Did they have any pictures of Dylan?

jcooprx
sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 10:57:43 pm »

fourloops...Dylan, at least last year, and I think it still applies, does not allow photos.

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
fourloops
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 04:45:58 pm »

After seeing Dylan live (I think) in Missoula, maybe I understand why!   Cheesy
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 05:35:09 pm »

I got some lively shots of Bob. Maybe he was tired the night you guys saw him. He's dam near 70 you know. People also say I don't move like I used to. Like right now for instance. I'm supposed to be outside covering the tomato plants and stacking firewood on the porch because it's going to freeze tonight, but I'm so much more comfortable inside sitting here. I'll get to it before dark though.

RichM752rnEverything is cool as can be in a peaceful world.rnrnrnrnrn
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: