John Mellencamp Community
April 28, 2024, 04:57:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hurt So Good?  (Read 5504 times)
garden
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2012, 02:33:46 pm »

I've been looking at set lists and I don't see Hurt So Good listed in any of them.  Does John no longer perform this song? 
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 03:15:35 pm »

He played it once on this tour in Ames, Iowa last April, but he generally steers clear of more "juvenile" songs like "Hurts So Good" and "I Need a Lover" as they don't fit his current image/songwriting style. By the way, kudos for actually looking at the setlist before you buy tickets. If more people would do this, there wouldn't be so many complaints about John skipping a lot of his big hits on this tour in favor of more obscure, but equally great songs.

Below is "Hurts So Good" from the previously mentioned Ames show last year. That song starts at the two-minute mark:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HWKp6Hotugo?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/HWKp6Hotugo?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:17:21 pm by walktall2010 » Logged
garden
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 03:22:54 pm »

Thanks for the reply.  Oh I'm still buying tickets to the show.  I love ALL of John's music.  I just happen to like Hurt So Good too.   Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: