John Mellencamp Community
March 19, 2024, 04:41:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dartmouth Sportsplex sold out for July 9 show  (Read 12782 times)
campbeh
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2012, 09:42:39 am »

The entire place was sold out in less than two minutes when regular sales opened this morning at 10:00 ADT.  I was on the phone and on the net, trying and trying to get through.  Out of luck twice now.  I would love to know how much of this venue was sold in pre-sales (which also sold out really fast and I couldn't get through then either).

For those of us who are fans of artists like John, Bryan Adams and others, but aren't savvy concert-ticket purchasers - we attend concerts once every couple of years - pre-sales actually prevent people like us from attending shows like this.  I understand wanting to reward fan club members, but may apportioning a smaller piece of the pie to pre-sales might give the rest of us a shot during the public sale.

John, I've been a fan of yours for 30 years.  My husband and daughters are huge fans as well - we've had to replace your Greatest Hits CD twice because it kept getting worn out.  We were so excited to hear you were coming to our home town to perform, and now we can't see you play.  We're all so very disappointed.  Cry  I understand that you've already added an extra show at Mile One Stadium in St. John's NL... perhaps you might consider adding a show in Dartmouth as well?  Here's hoping!! Grin  In any case, enjoy your trip to Atlantic Canada.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 10:02:15 am by campbeh » Logged
DianeG

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 10:01:25 am »

I'm so sorrrrry to hear your misfortune. I had a hard time getting through for pre-sale tickets as well, I'm ONE of the lucky one's.  I believe that it should have been at the Metro Centre, it would have sold out also but would have given people a chance.  John's people have misjudged his fan fare here in Metro and many are disappointed.  I hope they see this and add another venue as well.  All my best and good luck!!!!
campbeh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 10:29:32 am »

What really makes me mad is that within minutes of the sellout, an ad popped up on Kijiji for 2 tickets - $450 for the pair.  Profiteering, pure and simple.
lukin14

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 10:47:52 am »

I'm so sorrrrry to hear your misfortune. I had a hard time getting through for pre-sale tickets as well, I'm ONE of the lucky one's.  I believe that it should have been at the Metro Centre, it would have sold out also but would have given people a chance.  John's people have misjudged his fan fare here in Metro and many are disappointed.  I hope they see this and add another venue as well.  All my best and good luck!!!!

Not at the Metro Centre due to the Tattoo booking the MC for that week.  But yes, the MC would be the best spot to accomodate more Mellencamp fans.
campbeh

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 04:40:41 pm »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Second show added at the Sportsplex!  Good luck who missed out on tickets this morning!
perrin29

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 04:48:33 pm »

Now make sure you score some tickets tomorrow am!
campbeh

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 04:54:39 pm »

Will do my darnedest!  Now, can anyone tell whether Ticketpro is managing the ticket sales for the added show?
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 05:49:52 pm »

Will do my darnedest!  Now, can anyone tell whether Ticketpro is managing the ticket sales for the added show?

Yes Ticketpro same set up as the first show. Everything is on the tour page for you.  Good luck!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: