John Mellencamp Community
April 25, 2024, 02:37:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: JM Newsletter - Movie Updates, Contest, Ghost Brothers & More  (Read 9344 times)
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« on: December 29, 2011, 11:09:47 am »

Mellencamp News

JOHN MELLENCAMP: IT'S ABOUT YOU - A FILM BY KURT & IAN MARKUS --- JANUARY NYC & LA SCREENINGS ANNOUNCED
John Mellencamp: It's About You - A Film By Kurt and Ian Markus will premiere for a limited engagement at the IFC Center in New York City (January 4-16, 2012) and at the Music Hall in Los Angeles (January 6-16 2012). Watch Mellencamp.com for updates and a great contest with special items surrounding the film. Please note that this is the complete 80 minute version of the film. A shorter version was shown before concerts on John's No Better Than This Tour. Additional screenings of the movie in other cities may be announced and watch for a DVD release later this year!

JOHN MELLENCAMP: IT’S ABOUT YOU
Directed by renowned photographer Kurt Markus and his son, Ian Markus, It's About You is a new musical documentary that offers a rare and intimate look at the life and music of Rock and Roll Hall of Famer John Mellencamp. The film premiered at this year’s SXSW festival and follows Mellencamp on his summer 2009 concert tour and during the recording of his most recent album, 2010’s universally acclaimed No Better Than This, the sessions for which took place at American musical and historical landmarks, including Sun Studios in Memphis and the First African Baptist Church in Savannah, GA. We see Mellencamp recording – with a single mike and mono tape recorder more than half a century old – in the same hotel room where legendary bluesman Robert Johnson created some of his most memorable work. Along the way, Mellencamp reveals a side not often seen by the public, in a film that becomes a soulful, highly personal meditation on small-town America.

Kurt Markus’ photography has appeared in such leading publications as Vanity Fair, Rolling Stone, GQ and The New York Times Magazine, and he has shot cutting-edge ad campaigns for BMW, Armani, Nike and other companies. His unique vision has been brought to bear on It's About You, which was shot on Super 8 and whose vintage Americana look is the cinematic equivalent of a well-worn pair of jeans.
Running Time: 80 Minutes
Rated: NR

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

RING IN THE NEW YEAR WITH OUR AUTOGRAPHED MOVIE POSTER GIVEAWAY

Five lucky winners will receive an EXCLUSIVE John Mellencamp autographed film poster of John Mellencamp: It’s About You A Film By Kurt and Ian Markus

To be eligible to win one of these rare posters follow these easy steps!

Step 1. Put “I want to see John Mellencamp: It’s About You!” in your facebook status (extra thanks if you also post the movie poster to your images/profile picture and include a link to the article on Mellencamp.com about the movie)

Step 2.  Once you update your status with “I want to see John Mellencamp: It’s About You!” Reply “Happy New Year!” to the contest thread on John's facebook page.  

IT’S THAT EASY! 

Via lottery, winners will be selected by end of the day on Tuesday, January 3rd, 2012 with the winners being announced on Wednesday morning January 4th. 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

GHOST BROTHERS OF DARKLAND COUNTY UPDATES
Ghost Brothers of Darkland County, a chilling new musical with music and lyrics by John Mellencamp and book by Stephen King world premieres at The Alliance Theater in Atlanta GA April 4th through May 13th, 2012. Individual tickets are on sale NOW through the Alliance Theater's website

John and Stephen recently had a workshop with the productions cast and director in Atlanta. At the end of the workshop they met with the media to discuss the project. We have several articles (and video clips) written from the insightful (and humorous) press conference.

You can watch the TV commercial for the project and learn more HERE.

NO BETTER THAN THIS FALL TOUR WRAP UP
The Fall 2011 leg of the No Better Than This Tour wrapped up a few weeks ago. Here are a few interesting articles to check out:
- Indianapolis Star: Mellencamp Wraps Up Tour Still Firing On All Cylinders
- NUVO Music Blog: Clowes Memorial Hall 5 Out of 5 Stars Review
- Milwaukee's A.V. Club: John Mellencamp At Riverside Theater Show Review
- Green Bay Press Gazette: John Mellencamp Fighting Authority, Age With Barebones Reflection
- Find many more articles in the NEWS

Also don't miss David Masciotra Mellencamp "tribute article" PopMatters.com: All That We Learned About Livin': John Mellencamp's Legacy. Here is an excerpt from this great think piece: "Mellencamp’s presentation of the truth that he sees outside of his window always makes me feel good about myself, and I enjoy his music more with each passing year, largely because whenever I play a Mellencamp song, I almost never think about Mellencamp. I almost always think about me and I almost always think about my grandfather, Nick Bruich..." Read More

CHECK OUT THE JOHN MELLENCAMP BUNDLE
For the Holidays we offered this killer bundle for $20 - it is still available! Includes: * "The Lonesome Jubilee" album T-shirt. Charcoal. 100% cotton. *2008 long sleeve thermal that reads "Bloomington Indiana" on the back. Black 100% Cotton. *Logo wristband. Black terrycloth with red embroidery. *4"x6" Postcard with "Ain't Life Grand" image. *Cuttin' Heads Rose Tattoo Logo Sticker *Cuttin' Heads Album Cover Magnet

Guitar Wings No Better Than This 2010-2011 Tour Tee

This pigment black men's tee reads 'John Mellencamp 2010 2011 No Better Than This' on front. 100% cotton.
BUY IT NOW!

John Mellencamp Marquee Mug

This white 11 oz. coffee mug reads 'John Mellencamp'.
BUY IT NOW!

2011 Black Motorcycle Tee

This black tee has a motorcycle image on front and reads 'John Mellencamp No Better Than This Tour 2011.' The back lists the 2011 tour itinerary.
BUY IT NOW!

As always, thank you for your continued support!!

TonyB -Webmaster, Mellencamp.com - [email protected]

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: