John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 11:55:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Longest Days....  (Read 7218 times)
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2010, 09:17:20 pm »

I must say that this is one of my favorite songs and has been from the first time I heard it.  The lyrics and simple melody struck a chord with me and listening to it brings tears to my eyes each time ( no lie! )  It also brings back memories of a concert in the 80's when I watched the band walk along the field backstage, towards the stage stairs, backlit by the sunset.  

This song became especially poignant last summer when my Dad was diagnosed with terminal mouth and lung cancer and there wasn't a day that went by when I wasn't playing this song.  Made me think of the times one reflects upon, especially when your days are numbered, and how even the longest days, often filled with pain, are short indeed.

For me this is songwriting at its best and I never tire of listening to it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 10:23:03 pm by mitch1982 » Logged
tattudemellenhead
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 11:17:26 am »

Hey Mitch- I was lucky enough to get this one recorded on my camera from the Kansas City show, it is up on Youtube, you will have to check out--turned out awesome.  Also one of my favorites!!  Smiley
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 03:45:11 pm »

I will take a look, thanks.  Glad to hear that it's been added to the set list of this tour.  Looking forward to hearing it live! 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: