John Mellencamp Community
April 29, 2024, 08:36:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Keith Urban mentions John in interview  (Read 10013 times)
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2011, 01:05:04 pm »

http://www.menafn.com/qn_news_story.asp?storyid=%7B772254f5-cf37-435c-8067-a859f0fc7a5b%7D

Mentions seeing JM in concert and how he was an inspiration.  Love this guy
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 01:07:45 pm by Mellenfan71 » Logged
marilynb
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 01:52:28 pm »

Thanks Mellenfan.  This is a true testimony.  This is what "time out, trust God, and clean house" is all about.  I have been clean and sober going on 29 years in Jan 2012.  Course AA is a melting pot, I don't know how Keith did it, doesn't matter, he did it. 
I know John was a party person when real young, but I don't believe he ever became an alcoholic or an addict.  He was smart enuf to quit at an early age so he didn't have to cross that line where there is no turning back.  He was just playing in the sandbox back then.  Its codependency issues I believe he has problems with.  And the same principles apply to codependency issues.
Thank you so much for this heartwarming article.  Like I said I used to be a counselor and have counseled limelight people.  They can turn their lives around.  I have seen it.  And this here article is proof enough of what I have been saying all along in this forum.  There was someone in Keiths life who had the courage inspite of what people may of thought or said and reached out to Keith.  And I commend that person or persons whoever they may be.  And I commend you mellenfan for posting this.  This made me feel upbeat.
There is an old saying I used to be told " For one that is lost there is always another one to be found."

keep the faith / peace & love

God grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 09:16:00 pm »

KU has mentioned him a lot in interviews lately. Glad to see a hardcore John fan.
marilynb
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 08:55:00 pm »

Yes it is.  I  really loved this article.  I just love it when people turn their lives around and share what it used to be like, what happened and what its like now.
I see Keith likes some of the other oldtimers too like my #1 heartbreaker Tom Petty and others.  Hes following in good footsteps thats for sure.

keep the faith / peace & love

God grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference
oberturn
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 04:28:06 pm »

I am surprise Jon Bream didn't take the Mellencamp mention out of this interview.  The last 2 times John played in the Twin Cities, his review of the show were not good.  I try not to ever read anything he writes after those reviews.  Thanks for sharing!

There is a time to cry and a time to get with it.
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 10:05:18 pm »

I am surprise Jon Bream didn't take the Mellencamp mention out of this interview.  The last 2 times John played in the Twin Cities, his review of the show were not good. 

Oh I didn't know that Angry
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 10:33:38 pm »

I did not know that either and I'm shocked.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: