John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 07:55:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Clowes Show (Indianapolis) November 19, 2011  (Read 18874 times)
cherrybomb47850
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2011, 05:07:22 pm »

I received my premium ticket packages in the mail!  The t-shirts were awesome!  I loved the posters - they rocked!! I also received the laminates.  I have been to approximately 20 Mellencamp shows and have had some awesome tickets.  I have even had the side stage tickets, which are super!  This is my first time having a laminate.  I know that it states on the laminate that it does not provide backstage access; however, I was wondering, are fans ever allowed backstage or the opportunity to meet John or the band?  I have been a fan my entire life and I think that meeting John would be awesome! 

Also, I was wondering if anyone was planning to meet prior to the concert.  I am from the Terre Haute area so I will stay in Indy that weekend.  I think that it would be an excellent idea for fans to get together at a restaurant prior to the show!

John T. 

Save Some Time To Dream
John R. Turner
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 09:14:15 am »

I received my premium ticket packages in the mail!  The t-shirts were awesome!  I loved the posters - they rocked!! I also received the laminates.  I have been to approximately 20 Mellencamp shows and have had some awesome tickets.  I have even had the side stage tickets, which are super!  This is my first time having a laminate.  I know that it states on the laminate that it does not provide backstage access; however, I was wondering, are fans ever allowed backstage or the opportunity to meet John or the band?  I have been a fan my entire life and I think that meeting John would be awesome! 

As it does state the laminate is purely a collectible and has no function or access at a show.

Pretty much there is not any fan access to backstage these days, especially in these theaters which are pretty tiny backstage and lack gathering areas. If you hang around outside after the show you may have a chance to say hi to the band of even John.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
taz7676
Christine
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 01:30:01 pm »

Tony,
I have premium tickets to the Rockford show and haven't received an email yet about the packages. Thought I read somewhere items wouldn't go out until a month before the show...
Thanks!

Christine B.
Little pink houses for you and me...
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 08:15:47 am »

Tony,
I have premium tickets to the Rockford show and haven't received an email yet about the packages. Thought I read somewhere items wouldn't go out until a month before the show...
Thanks!

Shows sold by ticketmaster get their premium package emails about 2 weeks or less after purchase.

Non ticketmaster shows (like rockford) get their package redemption emails about a month before the show after premium ticket sales conclude.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
cherrybomb47850
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 02:32:51 pm »

Tony,

Tony, thank you for the tip!  I will be looking forward to the concert! 

John

Save Some Time To Dream
John R. Turner
Heartlandrocker
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 09:13:18 am »

John does stop and say hello. ..in Glasgow he chatted and signed autographs before the show!
cherrybomb47850
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 03:49:12 am »

Thank you so much for the tip!! That is very helpful!  Do you know where the best place to wait is?  Did you wait around the bus area? 

Save Some Time To Dream
John R. Turner
Heartlandrocker
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 03:34:00 pm »

We waited stage door...his tourmanager said he wouldn't stop to sign. .but john got out of the carrrier and walked straight up to fans said hello and did a few signings. .this was pre show
cherrybomb47850
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 06:02:04 pm »

Perfect!  Thanks for your help!!

Save Some Time To Dream
John R. Turner
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 06:26:05 pm »

That was great he did that. He is so awesome! Cheesy