John Mellencamp Community
April 24, 2024, 07:09:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Grandmothers Song  (Read 21194 times)
marilynb
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 05:56:01 pm »

I was just using some of JM's words instead of saying anything offensive

I admire your restraint Wink Wink
Thank you mellenfan.  Theres a choice in how one can react.  I will say this I have had some private messages sent to me, though I won't reveal any names as to why I posted what I have.  Well tell you the truth.  I am a big fan of Tom Petty, he is actually my favorite singer. Im in love with that voice of his and him too.  He is my #1 heartbreaker  Grin  My 3 favorite songs are "The Waiting" and "Won't Back Down" and "All Mixed Up." But John is my 2nd favorite.  I like Johns music because he is still a song writer that carries the torch from our days.  Actually both Tom and John do carry that torch (now I might get some flack on posting this regarding Tom Petty being my#1 favorite but thats ok, I'm just being honest)  But with John and seeing what he has been going through, it breaks my heart.  And it is a pattern that my prayer partners and I are praying for to be broken in his life so that he can be blessed if he chooses to marry again but never have to go through a divorce again.  Like I said I walked that same road and it really is a lonely one.  Denial is a luxury that noone can afford.  Its very hard to shake off praying for someone especially when God lays it upon ones heart.  And sometimes it can be hard to want to reach out to someone in wanting to share ones experience, strength and hope.  It  means taking a risk of rejection and it involves vulnerability.  

keep the faith / peace & love
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 04:06:31 pm by marilynb » Logged

God grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference
marilynb
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 08:38:55 pm »

Also mellenfan when I get a heck of a lot older cuz I'm 56 now, I want to be rocking and rolling in my rocking chair with two other rocking chairs with the two rocking and rolling in the rocking chairs with me:  Tom Petty on one side and John Mellencamp on the other.  The waiting is the hardest part and it dont get no better than that.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

keep the faith / peace & love
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:33:18 pm by marilynb » Logged

God grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: