John Mellencamp Community
April 16, 2024, 03:25:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EUROPEAN TOUR ROLLS ON  (Read 16591 times)
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2011, 02:14:46 pm »

John and the band continue on the 4th leg of the No Better Than This Tour in Europe. In fact they are down to their last handful of shows! Reviews from the tour have been stellar and we have enjoyed getting a huge number of emails and Facebook postings from ecstatic fans that are extremely thankful to finally see John in their local venues. Visit the NEWS page to read some of the reviews, see several "postcards from the road". We have further coverage on the Mellencamp.com Blog
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 01:32:13 pm by sharonc » Logged
afc
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 09:14:52 am »

How can yoy say that after Udine has been cancelled?Huh? Angry
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 03:11:18 am »

Udine is not representative at all. the shows in germany, france, uk, denmark, switzerland all were great referring to reports and videos from fans who were there.
so italy surely does not represent europe here.
Lynyrd1967
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 03:24:04 am »

Udine is not representative at all. the shows in germany, france, uk, denmark, switzerland all were great referring to reports and videos from fans who were there.
Nobody ever doubted about it. Many Italian fans like me has followed John in France, in Switzerland and other countries too, just like all the American people I 've seen in Rome at the show.
Today an Economist article reports that the eventual economic Italian crack would bring Euro to an end. I guess we have othere problems, here in Europe. Wink

Alex
zvonko

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 02:54:26 am »

Message from the middle-aged fan from Slovenia. Udine is and was ideal place to visit a concert from my country. What a disapointment after show cancelation. If all these rumours about the cause of the cancelation are true, then I do not know what to say. I saw BobDylan two times live in Italy, Bruce Springsteen in Udine in 2009 - all well organized and well behaved by the public. I saw Stevie Winwood in 2009 in Piazza del Castello - fine ambient, fine public and artist dedication, eventhough there were perhaps only 1000 people.
So I really can not understand the situation about this cancelled concert. I only know this - I never was so close to this interesting artist, was prepared to pay 100 EURO for two tickets and in the end blank stare at the news of cancelation. 
jmittelhammer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 06:23:57 am »

Reviews from the tour have been stellar and we have enjoyed getting a huge number of emails and Facebook postings from ecstatic fans that are extremely thankful to finally see John in their local venues.

Think this is a very one-eyed view. I saw John in Munich and yes, the performance of John and the band was stellar. But if you also follow the comments it's quite clear that almost everywhere something went wrong starting with the movie followed by a long break until the concert started.
At least the promotion and organization around the concerts were rather subterranean than stellar
crock61

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 09:47:00 am »

udine is representative of one person ... that person which has no respect for a fan.....
that do not yet know why could not watch the show
who sheduled vacation to see probably the best songwriter of recent years
but obviously he was wrong and he says sincerely grieved
.... but maybe not worth it
sorry .....
twelve

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 03:05:30 pm »

Lynyrd 1967, you have the job?,who you can followed in many town Mellencamp,I work evry day,I have my company,and for me Udine is ideal to see Mellencamp tours.
Udine is "BLACK POINT-SIDE" for Mellencamp,without reason cancelled concert.
And for this EUROPEN TOURS is not "GREAT" ,if you have some "BLACK POINT",Mellencamp must made apologize to people who come in Udine, and buy ticket, and spend one day to see him.

"DEAR" štupidin MELLENCAMP AND YUORS STAFF AND YOURS ADMINISTRATION ON THIS YOURS WEB SITE DON'T MORE TALK ABOUT GRETA EUROPEN TOUR IF YOU DON'T WRITTEN NOTHING ABOUT THE RESAON CONCERT CANCELLATION IN UDINE
petenkaren
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 10:49:32 am »

I would be extremely angry and upset if JM cancelled my only chance to see him.  Very sorry for all of you that were ready and excited.  I am quite sure John has good reasons, but that does not mean it makes it better for his fans that are missing out on an awesome show.  Very, very sorry for all of you.   Cry

Pete
Kansas City

It sure would feel good to feel good again, Oh My Sweet Love...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: