John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 05:44:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hi John.....  (Read 4610 times)
massimo71
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2011, 08:12:49 am »

Hi John….
First of all thanks for coming in Italy. Only 75 minutes on stage but has really been a rare emotion to see you on stage in Rome. I don’t have so much reason to live, your music and the deep emotion I took from it is one of the few reason. Often I dream that oneday, if I will never have one, I’ll grow up my baby to the sound of your songs and how, sometimes, these songs helped theyr father to grow up with a smile on his mouth.  I don’t earn so much money with my work so when I go to a concert is a sacrifice for me, I had to save money some week to buy the ticket for a concert. Rome is 2 hour by car from my house so I took a free day from work. But I never had doubt about it, when I knew about your coming I decided that your concerts will be the first to see, the rest has relative importance…..
Am I angry John ?....... a little but I’m happy before, for your few songs I’m sure that your last night in Rome was the rehearsal for your next Italian tour….where I will see the hard guy from Indiana

I wait for you impatiently
Massimo
bacugno
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 05:28:45 am »

Sorry to hear that Udine has benn cancelled with no public explanation.
With all due respect, 75 minutes show (even if they have been the best 75 minute of rock and roll I have ever seen) is ridiculous for a first ever concert in this country.
This said by a man, 39 and a family, who has loved and loves the art and music of Mr. Mellencamp for ages, since his beginnings.

Yet there is something that the artist owes the public, and it is respect.
We loved him, and he did not spend a single word. And now I see he's cancelled the rest of the
Italian tour. People told me he was angry in Rome because the entrance to the stage was through a glass corridor that he didnt like.
This is crap.
Remember you where a rocker.
f
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: