John Mellencamp Community
April 25, 2024, 05:47:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Divorce finalized?  (Read 6264 times)
Rene
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2011, 11:22:42 pm »

I'm probably going to get flack for asking this, but did the Mellencamp's divorce ever go through? With the way the press follows such things -- especially in Indiana where they dug up the divorce petition, chances are that it would have made at least the local news. With the pre-nup, it should have been rather quick -- 90 days (?) Or maybe it went through with out a whisper, that would be a good thing. Loyal fans, don't get all sore about the question. Just wonderin'.
Rene
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 11:07:46 pm »

All the stories about the supposed "wedding" date claim John and Elaine are not yet divorced. Suspect this to be true, for if the divorce went through, the Indiana press would have been all over it. Does it have anything to do with his music? No. But... I am not certain I find this at all likeable.

Rhonda2
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 10:23:08 am »

Not that this is any of your business.....

....but I don't think the Indiana media is going to be 'all over it' once the divorce is finalized. The court is not going to 'announce' it. Some journalist has to actively ask them for the information. Heck, maybe it has already been finalized. Problem with National Enquirer - the source for the already officially denied wedding-date 'story' is that they are known not to do their research. So I'm not sure they even bothered to check with the court.
Rene
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 08:14:18 pm »

Yeah, you are probably correct.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: