First time i REALLY heard John

(1/3) > >>

kmaccui:
i was an apprentice electrician driving about in the late 80's with my boss and poor radio reception caused us to put a tape of his on and i was blown away when "Thunderin Hearts" came on and to this day that is still my favourite song of Johns.

tour the UK John PLEASE :)

ac360:
I was 8 and I remember hearing Hurts So Good that week John was on Solid Gold and I thought he was the coolest guy I had ever seen ,but I was 8.I still do think he is.I remember watching him sing that song on that show wearing that white shirt with the cuffs unbuttoned, I was so in love.

katieslovingmom:
I saw him at the Bluebird Cafe in Bloomington playing in a band called COPS (Cougar out playing secretly). He had put out his first album so this was late 70's I think.

nascarmind:
I was living in Seymour in the late 70's knew the family and became friends with a lot of people that ran in his circle. Heard John for the first time at Market Square Arena had great seats because I sat with the family was just an awesome experience. I thank the family for allowing me that opportunity it was something I will never forget. I have been a huge follower every since have just be a quiet one . Buying all of his CD's and taking in his concerts when I can. He has not been to KC for awhile and so I have my tickets for November...Yeah... ;)

turmbird:
my favourite rock radio night program in provincial west germany used to play 2 songs to introduce an artist. some day in 1985 they played "jack&diane+lonely olŽnight". the name of the singer to me sounded like the wild west, like america itself, the freedom i was seeking for. since that day johnŽs music has accomponied me through life. 1988 during the "lonesome jubilee" world tour, i got the chance to see him live for the first time. 91 i travelled to the usa for the first time and saw him in los angeles, one year later again in germany. since then iŽve been waiting for another european tour. hopefully there will be one next year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page